Research Policy and Analysis Branch (RPAB) provides leadership in all aspects of extramural research grants policy and serves as an authoritative source of policy interpretation, implementation and communication for NINR and the scientific community. To that end, RPAB:
(1) Serves as a focal point for coordination and communication of grant-related issues with other NIH staff;
(2) Coordinates Freedom of Information and Privacy Act related activities and publication of Notices in the NIH Guide;
(3) Collaborates with NINR IT leadership in the design and development of electronic research administration (eRA) systems and provides technical support and user training on NINR and NIH eRA systems;
(4) Represents NINR interests in the development of NIH-wide research, training and career development policies;
(5) Develops, implements, and manages the extramural staff training program for NINR;
(6) Provides data, reports and analyses to assist NINR staff and advisory groups in carrying out their responsibilities
(7) Coordinates, with Office of Extramural Program staff, the publication of announcements in the Grants Policy Statement (GPS) systems.