Brochures and Fact Sheets
Palliative Care for Children: Support for the Whole Family When Your Child Is Living with a Serious Illness
This brochure provides an overview of pediatric palliative care and answers questions that parents and families may have, such as:
- How do I know if my child or family needs palliative care?
- Does accepting palliative care mean our family is giving up on other treatments?
- How can my child’s pain be managed?
- How can our family get palliative care?
In "A Family's Perspective," four families share their experiences with pediatric palliative care and how the care they receive impacts their children and their lives. The stories highlight the benefits of pediatric palliative care and provide families’ perspectives on this type of care.
The at-a-glance fact sheet provides a brief overview of pediatric palliative care and answers some common questions that families may have such as:
- When can palliative care start?
- How does it work?
- And where is care provided?
This tear-off pad is for providers to use with their patients. It offers tips, resources, and answers to common questions about palliative care to help encourage interactive discussions with patients and their families or caregivers. Each pad contains 25 patient education sheets.