With support from the NIH Office of the Director, nine NIH Institutes, Centers, and Offices (ICOs) have published a Notice in the NIH Guide announcing an opportunity for administrative supplements in Climate Change and Health (CCH). The participating ICOs invite applications to supplement active NIH awards to seed new activities and partnerships in climate change and health (CCH) research and research training. The NOSI welcomes applications both to grants already working in this area, and especially to grants that do not currently include CCH but can integrate this as a relevant component.
- Applications are due by COB on July 27, 2022
- While all areas of biomedical, behavioral, social, and clinical science are welcome, the proposal must be within the “scope” of the parent grant. If there are any questions about responsiveness or eligibility, please contact the relevant IC point of contact listed in the Notice.
- While most mechanisms are eligible, there are certain restrictions (see Notice and IC-specific interests).
- At the time of submission through the NIH Administrative Supplement FOA (PA-20-272), please send a copy of the application as an email attachment to the POC listed in the Notice for the IC of the parent grant, to facilitate tracking and review.
Climate change is one of the defining challenges of our time and will have profound impacts on health in the US and globally. It has the potential to affect every organ system and the manifestation of multiple diseases across the lifespan. It will alter the food supply, the distribution of disease vectors, the environment, migration of populations, and the relationships of these factors to health, including through extreme weather events and natural disasters. It will challenge the capacity of health systems and delivery of care and may have the greatest impacts on the most vulnerable populations in every country.
- Fogarty International Center (FIC)
- National Institute of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering (NIBIB)
- National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders (NIDCD)
- National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research (NIDCR)
- National Institute of Nursing Research (NINR)
- National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities (NIMHD)
- National Library of Medicine (NLM)
- National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH)
- Office of Behavioral and Social Sciences Research (OBSSR)
Learn more about the NIH Climate Change and Health Initiative.