*Please see Notices of Clarification NOT-NR-23-006 and NOT-NR-23-007 for updated details on applications that are considered non-responsive to PAR-22-230 and PAR-22-231 respectively. Modified language is shown in bold italics.
The National Institute of Nursing Research (NINR) has published two funding announcements focusing on NINR areas of emphasis for research to optimize health and advance health equity:
- PAR-22-230 (R01 Clinical Trial Optional) solicits R01 grant applications that propose independent research projects that are consistent with the scientific framework detailed in the NINR Strategic Plan.
- PAR-22-231 (R21 Clinical Trial Optional) solicits R21 grant applications that propose exploratory/developmental research projects that are consistent with the research framework detailed in the NINR Strategic Plan.
These research opportunities will:
- be rooted in nursing's holistic, contextualized approach to understanding people and their health;
- address the nation's most pressing and persistent health challenges with a solutions orientation; and
- employ innovative and rigorous study designs to inform practice and policy.