Registration is Now Closed.
NINR Precision Health: Smart Technologies, Smart Health Symposium
A symposium and poster session highlighting the contributions of nursing science in promoting precision and digital health will be held in conjunction with Boot Camp on the afternoon of Monday, July 23.
All Boot Camp participants are automatically registered for the symposium. Check back to register for the symposium only.
NINR’s Boot Camp is a one-week, intensive research training course at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in Bethesda, Maryland, designed to increase the research capability of graduate students, faculty, and clinicians. The 2018 Boot Camp, “Precision Health: Smart Technologies, Smart Health,” will address digital health data and technologies that enable “smart health” and improved patient outcomes.
- Explore the state-of-the-art of digital health, including the use of wearables, sensors, and virtual/augmented reality; the use of omics data in health care; and the creation of an interactive system for using health data.
- Discuss strategies for research and identify opportunities for and challenges to using digital health.
- Share knowledge and experiences with leaders in the field.
- Unboxing Digital Health introduces the significance and impact of digital health. An afternoon mini-symposium on July 23 will feature the important contributions of nursing science to promoting precision and digital health. This will be followed by a poster session for select participants to highlight their work in digital health, mobile technology, or molecular omics science.
- Connecting Health through Wearables and Sensors will explore what is emerging from mobile apps, what clinicians are learning from wearables, and how virtual/augmented reality is used in a clinical setting.
- Innovating Health through Omics will connect molecular omics data — genomics, gene expression, proteomics, microbiome — to managing health.
- Sync or Swim: Accessing, Managing, and Analyzing Data will contrast two ends of the spectrum — enabling participatory health by encouraging technology use, as well as concerns such as quality, safety, privacy, and security.
- Using Digital Health to Enhance Clinical Practice will equip participants with skills, tools, and resources for their practice.
Who Should Attend?
Graduate students, faculty, and clinicians who are citizens or permanent U.S. residents should attend.
Speakers, Faculty, and Staff
Speakers will include nationally and internationally known experts from NIH and academic institutions across the United States.
Call for Abstracts
The first 100 abstracts will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis until June 15, 2018. For more information on submitting an abstract, please visit: http://events.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=k4uamblab&oeidk=a07ef57oxbf1be8ee24.
Dates: Monday, July 23 – Friday, July 27, 2018.
Times: Monday – Thursday: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Friday: 8:30 a.m. – noon.
Boot Camp: Building 35A, the Porter Neuroscience Research Center, room 610/640 on the NIH Campus in Bethesda, Maryland. Symposium on the afternoon of July 23: Building 10, Lipsett Auditorium. Poster session: Building 10, FAES Terrace. Guides and information will be provided on Monday morning in Building 35A.
Registration for Boot Camp is now open. Space is limited, and registration will be on a first-come, first-served basis. Click here to register.
Due to the high level of interest and limited number of spots, we kindly ask that registrants plan to attend the full week’s activities.
The NIH Clinical Center provides information on a number of hotels that are convenient to the NIH campus: https://clinicalcenter.nih.gov/about/visitor/hotels.html.
The course is provided by the NINR at no cost. Attendees are required to pay for housing, food, and transportation expenses incurred during program participation.
For questions on the NINR Boot Camp, please contact:
Pamela Tamez, Ph.D.
Acting Training Director &
Deputy Training Director
NINR Division of Intramural Research
1 Cloister Court
Bldg 60, Rm. 268, MSC 4733
Bethesda, MD 20892-4733
Videos segments from the first day of the 2015 Big Data Boot Camp are available on the NINR YouTube channel. To view the videos, click on the playlist embedded below or visit https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXzqLJ4gIAAhzUuEmkfNl5Qveh-_EP5hp.
To see the full NIH Events videocast of the first day of Boot Camp, click here.