Registration will open April 1, 2019.
NINR’s Boot Camp is a one-week, intensive research training course at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in Bethesda, Maryland, designed to increase the research capability of graduate students, faculty, and clinicians. The 2019 Boot Camp will take place the week of July 15. “Precision Health: Smart Technologies, Smart Health,” will address digital health data and technologies that enable “smart health” and improved patient outcomes.
- Explore the state-of-the-art of digital health, including the use of wearables, sensors, and virtual/augmented reality; the use of omics data in health care; and the creation of an interactive system for using health data.
- Discuss strategies for research and identify opportunities for and challenges to using digital health.
- Share knowledge and experiences with leaders in the field.
- Unboxing Digital Health introduces the significance and impact of digital health.
- Connecting Health through Wearables and Sensors will explore what is emerging from mobile apps, what clinicians are learning from wearables, and how virtual/augmented reality is used in a clinical setting.
- Innovating Health through Omics will connect molecular omics data — genomics, gene expression, proteomics, microbiome — to managing health.
- Sync or Swim: Accessing, Managing, and Analyzing Data will contrast two ends of the spectrum — enabling participatory health by encouraging technology use, as well as concerns such as quality, safety, privacy, and security.
- Using Digital Health to Enhance Clinical Practice will equip participants with skills, tools, and resources for their practice.
Who Should Attend?
Graduate students, faculty, and clinicians who are citizens or permanent U.S. residents should attend.
Speakers, Faculty, and Staff
Speakers will include nationally and internationally known experts from NIH and academic institutions across the United States.
Dates: Week of July 15, 2019.
Registration for Boot Camp will open April 1, 2019.
Due to the high level of interest and limited number of spots, we kindly ask that registrants plan to attend the full week’s activities.
The NIH Clinical Center provides information on a number of hotels that are convenient to the NIH campus: https://clinicalcenter.nih.gov/about/visitor/hotels.html.
The course is provided by the NINR at no cost. Attendees are required to pay for housing, food, and transportation expenses incurred during program participation.
For questions on the NINR Boot Camp, please contact:
Pamela Tamez, Ph.D.
NINR Division of Intramural Research
1 Cloister Court
Bldg 60, Rm. 268, MSC 4733
Bethesda, MD 20892-4733
Videos segments from the first day of the 2015 Big Data Boot Camp are available on the NINR YouTube channel. To view the videos, click on the playlist embedded below or visit https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXzqLJ4gIAAhzUuEmkfNl5Qveh-_EP5hp.
To see the full NIH Events videocast of the first day of Boot Camp, click here.