The application period for SGI 2013 opens January 14, 2013, and closes at 5:00 p.m. EST on March 18, 2013.
You must apply via the ARTiE Graduate Partnerships Program (GPP) application system at: https://gpp-nih.symplicity.com/. We urge you to review the instructions at https://www.training.nih.gov/programs/gpp/appdirections before you begin the application process.
Please note: If you have applied to the SGI or the GPP in previous years, you must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org before you begin the application process. The previous application must be deleted from the system before you can submit a new one. Thank you for your cooperation.
In addition, you will need to make the following selections during the application process to ensure your application is submitted for the SGI program rather than the GPP:
- Click on the “Applicants” link.
- Select the “Apply for Institutional Partnerships” option and follow the instructions provided.
- For Part 4: Partnership Selection, select “NINR Summer Genetics Institute.”
- Note: There is no age limit for this course. If your year of birth is earlier than 1952, please select "1952" in the drop-down form and use the "additional information" field to list the correct year.
Required Application Materials:
- a resume or c.v.
- a personal statement
- three recommendation letters
Please note: A GRE score is not required for the SGI.
Contact NINR IRP Training Director Dr. Mary Engler for questions on the SGI.
Please put "SGI" in the subject line:
Dr. Mary Engler