Developing Nurse Scientists Online Course
Developing Nurse Scientists is a free, online training course that provides an introduction to research grantsmanship for new doctoral graduates and early career scientists.
For more information on all of the training opportunities available through NINR, visit www.ninr.nih.gov/training.
How to Register
Please note: All users inside and outside of NIH must register first to take the course.
Instructions for First-Time Users of the Course:
- To register, follow the link https://nursescientist.ninr.nih.gov, and click the “Sign Up” button.
- You will be directed to the NIH Secure Identity Solutions page, where you will choose an account type, and then log in to your NIH (if any) or Gmail/PayPal account. (Note: if you are not an NIH staff, you will have to use/create a Google or PayPal account to access the course.)
- After returning to the NINR Nurse Scientist website, enter your information and click “Save” button.
- Once you are signed in, you will see the Welcome page with a list of course modules.
- Choose a module and click on "Launch Module" button to start a module.
Returning Users Registered prior April 10, 2017:
Note: If you did not complete the course before its relaunch on April 10, 2017, you will need to restart the course. Please follow the instructions above for First-Time Users.
- If you completed the course before its relaunch on April 10, 2017, follow the link https://nursescientist.ninr.nih.gov, and click the “Sign Up” button.
- On the next screen choose an account type, and follow the instructions.
- After returning to the NINR Nurse Scientist website, you can find and match your old account to a newly created one. Click the "Already have an account?" button.
- If your previous account was associated with a Gmail address, all fields should be automatically populated. If your previous account was associated with an email address other than Gmail, use Search to find your email and account information. If your email is not found, or information is incorrect, contact NINR for help.
- Verify the found account information, and click “Save/Verify” button. You will receive an email with a verification link on your old email address.
- Once your email is validated, you will see the Welcome page with a list of the course modules. Modules will be marked complete only if you completed the course prior to April 10, 2017. If you started, but did not complete the course prior to April 10, 2017, you will have to restart the course.
See the more detailed help page on the Nurse Scientist Course website.
For questions about the course, please contact:
Dr. David Banks
NINR Office of Extramural Programs
For help and technical assistance with the course, please contact:
NINR Tech Support (NIH/NINR)