The 2021 Boot Camp will explore the impact that Artificial Intelligence (AI) has in the evolving healthcare environment to improve the care of all patients and families in an equitable way. The goal is to showcase how AI can improve outcomes and how to avoid unintended consequences that increase disparities.
This year’s Boot Camp will consist of three sessions scheduled for:
- Monday, September 13 from 1:00-3:00 p.m. (ET)
- Monday, September 20 from 1:00-3:00 p.m. (ET)
- Monday, September 27 from 1:00-3:00 p.m. (ET)
Registration will open in mid-July. No application is needed to register.
- Describe the field of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and explore the role of AI to promote health, and to prevent illness.
- Discuss strategies to build partnerships and collaborations among clinicians and scientists.
- Better understand the potential for AI to reduce disparities and describe pitfalls and identify strategies to detect and prevent bias in health-related algorithms.
- Analyze prevention, clinical and translational AI applications to enhance quality of programs, policies and care to reduce health disparities and increase health equity.