The National Nursing Research Roundtable (NNRR) is an informal association of nursing organizations with a significant research interest that provides clinicians, scientists, educators, scholars, and policy leaders an opportunity to come together to discuss priorities important for both the science and practice of nursing. Annually, NNRR is co-hosted by the National Institute of Nursing Research (NINR) and a research-focused nursing organization.
The mission of the National Nursing Research Roundtable (NNRR) is to serve the public's health through stimulating the development of a strong, research-based nursing practice. As a collaborative of nursing organizations, the NNRR provides clinicians, scientists, educators, scholars, and policy leaders an opportunity to come together to discuss priorities in science, practice, and policy, and to envision the future.
Purpose of the NNRR
Since 1987, leaders of nursing organizations with a research focus have participated in the annual meeting of the NNRR. Together, they share advances in science and practice as they work to identify, enhance, and leverage research resources. They assess research challenges, gaps, redundancies, and opportunities. These leaders also pinpoint and support strategies, innovations, and policy initiatives that fuel new discoveries in science that drive the translation of these discoveries into improvements in our nation’s health. The annual meeting of the NNRR fosters communication, promotes collaboration, disseminates knowledge, and informs research efforts on a national scale.
Each year, a new topic is brought to the NNRR. Please see below for summaries/publications resulting from past events.
- The Value and Importance of PhD Nurse Scientists
- Strategies and Resources for Increasing the PhD Pipeline and Producing Independent Nurse Scientists
2018: Promoting State-of-the-Art Biobehavioral Approaches in Symptom Science Research through Inter- and Intra-Professional Collaborations
- Promoting State-of-the-Art Biobehavioral Approaches in Symptom Science Research Through Inter- and Intra-Professional Collaborations
- Strengthening Inter- and Intraprofessional Collaborations to Advance Biobehavioral Symptom Science
- Collaborative Framework to Advance Symptom Science: An Intramural Perspective
- Symptom Science Research in the Era of Big Data: Leveraging Interdisciplinary Resources and Partners to Make It Happen
2017: Preparing Nurse Scientists for Sustainable Careers: Scientific Innovations & Transdisciplinary Collaborations
- Building Sustainable Careers in Nursing Science: Scientific Innovations and Transdisciplinary Collaborations
- Building Innovation and Sustainability in Programs of Research
- Improving -Omics-Based Research and Precision Health in Minority Populations: Recommendations for Nurse Scientists
- Developing and Sustaining a Career as a Transdisciplinary Nurse Scientist